Shift Days and Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 2:30pm As our Customer Service Representative you’ll work to help our patients check in. It’s fast paced (sometimes chaotic) and you’ll be the person they rely on to answer questions during registration. You’ll build trust in these interactions by collecting information accurately and quickly but also by listening with compassion - not just to hear information, but to address their fears, concerns and questions. To thrive in this job, you’ll need to be confident with technology and typing, however you don’t need to have any previous experience or knowledge in healthcare. We’ll teach you everything you need to know, which makes this a perfect starting point to launch your healthcare career. Since this is a hospital, you must also be up to date on all vaccinations (including but not limited to COVID-19 and annual flu shot), pass a drug test, and pass a background check prior to hire. At R1 RCM, we deliver innovative solutions by bringing together the best people and technologies that enable providers to simplify the healthcare experience. Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our 22,000+ global associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, innovate, and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. Interested? Learn more, visit: r1rcm.com/careers Here’s what you can expect working in Patient Registration:
At R1, we are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to providing a workplace free of harassment. If you need assistance or an accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at 312-496-7709 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
- Working on computers to intake information in a busy environment. You’ll work across multiple screens collecting details that must be input correctly. You should feel comfortable working across multiple programs and typing as quickly as patients can talk in a high-stress environment.
- Helping people who may be very ill or worried. Patients may need you to be there for them and listen carefully in order to ease their anxiety. You’ll ask follow-up questions and build rapport in real time.
- Fast-paced work work environment, often on your feet assisting patients complete their mobile registration. While collecting patient and insurance information may seem straightforward, there is a lot of variation in health plans and coverage, that will require knowledge through training. While the data you collect may be predictable, the people you’ll get it from aren’t. You have to work quickly and expect the unexpected. This is not a casual desk job.
- A team you can rely on. We care about your progress toward career goals. This is just the first step of your healthcare career at R1 RCM Inc.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
R1 RCM Inc. (“the Company”) is dedicated to the fundamentals of equal employment opportunity. The Company’s employment practices , including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person’s age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is dedicated to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave